There is one eternally existing God who has three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the creator of all that exists, both visible and invisible, and is therefore worthy of all glory and praise. God is perfect in love, power, holiness, goodness, knowledge, wisdom, justice, and mercy. He is unchangeable and therefore is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
This we believe
- In the verbal inspiration of the scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments.
- Our God is a trinity in unity, manifested in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- That regeneration by the Holy Ghost for the salvation of lost and sinful man through faith in the shed blood of Christ, is absolutely essential.
- In a life of holiness, without which no man can see the Lord, through sanctification as a definite, yet progressive, work of grace.
- In the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, received subsequent to the new birth, with speaking in other tongues, as the spirit gives utterance, as the initial physical sign and evidence.
- In water baptism by immersion for believers only, which is a direct commandment of our Lord, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- That divine healing is provided for in the atonement, and is available to all who truly believe.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus: First to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to meet Him in the air, and second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost: They that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.